Members and Visitors
- Members are not to sanction any political organisation or religious organisation in their writings or readings in meetings.
- Expletives or bad language are not permitted in writings or readings in meetings.
- Mobiles phones either turnoff or on silent.
- When a Member/Visitor is reading their story, refrain from chatting.
- Please assist in the setup/takedown and general tidying up of the room after each meeting.
Reading of Stories
- Members must announce the title of the stories he/she is presenting; the number of words and the type of story that will be read (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, ).
- Stories MUST be kept to a maximum of 1000-words.
- Read your story slowly and clearly.
- Be prepared for suggestions and constructive comments by your fellow members. They are trying to help you improve your skills.
Stories for Publication in the current years “Making a Splash.”
- All Member’s stories are due to the President/Publisher by the end of the last meeting in May of each year.
- Member publication guidelines can be found the “Author’s Guideline for Publication” sheet. A member that does not have one, please ask the Secretary or President for a copy.
- All Member’s stories are to be provided in a word.doc or word.docx format (Word) following guidelines as mentioned above.
- All members stories are to be delivered in an USB which will be returned to the Member if the USB has your name on it.
- Reminder: Only Members stories will be published.